Join Our Growing Media Relations Practice
RooneyPartners is seeking to identify an enthusiastic media relations professional with 2 to 6 years of experience and a passion for interacting with the press to fill a media relations associate role at our boutique communications agency in New York.
The Associate will be responsible for assisting the media relations team with the development and implementation of innovative public relations initiatives, creative concepts, and crisp content for day-to-day client work. The Associate will help develop and manage media relations campaigns, in close collaboration with colleagues in the media relations practice, and advance and execute media relations tactics and strategies to support client communications initiatives.
The successful individual will possess at least 2-6 years of experience in a hands-on media relations role, preferably agency side, including direct experience managing PR campaigns. Experience in financial services and/or healthcare a plus, but not a prerequisite.
The Associate will be based in New York City. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Generate ideas and pitch stories to the media.
- Conduct media outreach.
- Research journalists, media outlets, and clients.
- Draft and design of relevant client materials, including but not limited to: briefing books, presentation decks, proposals, account reviews.
- Research media coverage for clients and competitors, potential speaking opportunities, and pertinent conferences.
- Create and maintain media lists and editorial calendar opportunities.
- Write and deliver media pitches, press releases, executive bios and resumes, media campaign copy, etc.
- Support internal story line development process.
- Provide assistance to senior staff to complete other applicable client work.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience at a public relations firm.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills.
- Attention to detail, speed, accuracy, efficiency, and ability to multi-task.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google web-based office suite of software (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides), or other similar software.
- Experience using relevant database resources, such as any of the following: Cision, Factiva, Journalisted, Muckrack, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in teams to accomplish key objectives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and facility for creative problem solving.
- Fluency in English required.
Founded in 2003, RooneyPartners is a boutique communications agency based in New York that specializes in media relations, content strategy and digital media programs, including website development, social media strategy and search engine optimization. We help clients leverage a range of communications tools and platforms to build their brands and further their business objectives. RooneyPartners is composed of senior PR practitioners, content strategists and social media specialists with expertise across industries, in both a B2B and B2C context. We leverage our unparalleled relationships with business and financial journalists at top-tier media and a data-driven approach to social and digital strategy to deliver meaningful results for our clients. https://www.rooneypartners.com/
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
424 Madison Avenue, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10017